I recently received a package of Cheryl’s Cookies caramel fudge brownies. While I would have loved to eat them all myself, with Halloween just around the corner, I decided to curtail my cravings and make these fun monster caramel fudge brownie bars instead.
These super easy Halloween treats are a cinch to make with the whole family. You’ll enjoy the fact that they take just 15 minutes from start to finish, and your kids will have a great time decorating them with melted candy, Halloween-colored sprinkles, and candy eyes. It’s a win-win for everyone!
Better yet, these east Halloween treats don’t require an oven. That’s right — no baking, no cooling. This is a bona fide no-fuss dessert.
You can customize this recipe, too. If you are out of candy melts, add colored frosting instead — Cheryl’s buttercream would be excellent in these brownie bars. See, even our substitutions are easy peasy.
Based on my kids’ reaction to these gooey — and ghoulish — brownie bars, I know will be making another batch soon.
Monster Caramel Fudge Brownie Bars
- 6 Cheryl's Cookies caramel fudge brownies
- 12 ounces candy melts (three or four different colors)
- Halloween-colored sprinkles
- Candy eyes
- Unwrap Cheryl's Cookies caramel fudge brownies and set aside.
- Place sprinkles on a wide bowl or plate, and set the candy eyes in another bowl.
- Add each color of candy melts to a different microwave-safe bowl and microwave each in 15 seconds intervals, until melted through and smooth. Stir every 15 seconds.
- Using a spatula or butter knife, spread the melted candy onto half the brownie, all over the top, sides, and bottom. It does not have to be perfect; some texture is good. (Alternatively, you can dip the brownie in the bowl with the melted candy.)
- Before the melted candy sets, take some sprinkles and sprinkle them on the brownie, making sure to leave some space for the eyes. Then, add the eyes immediately.
- Place the brownie on a cooling rack until the melted candy sets.
- Repeat with remaining brownies.