Fall is the time of the year when stores shelves (and online retailers) are filled with pumpkin everything. Not that I am complaining — it’s my favorite seasonal flavor!
We all know pumpkin and fall spices go hand in hand, especially cinnamon. The sweet scent of cinnamon and pumpkin is a match made in heaven. And if you like that combination as much as I do, then these delicious and moist pumpkin cupcakes should be on your menu!
They are so easy to make, and you can customize them by adding spices of your choice. I made the whole process even simpler by using Cheryl’s buttercream for the frosting. I even got the kids involved, and we all had a blast making them.
These pumpkin cupcakes look absolutely beautiful when they’re finished, and are sinfully delicious to boot. One bite and you’ll agree: Fall has never tasted so good.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tub Cheryl's buttercream frosting
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Insert liners into a cupcake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar with either a handheld or an electric whisk. Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and cinnamon or pumpkin spice, and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until combined and no lumps remain in the batter.
- Add the batter to the cupcake tin until each cup is three-fourths full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, add Cheryl's buttercream to a bowl and mix in the cinnamon until it is distributed evenly.
- Add the frosting to a piping bag. Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the frosting onto each cupcake.
- Top with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon, if you wish.