All the mouthwatering recipes in our series “The Main Ingredient” have one thing in common: They all contain cookies. This recipe for ice cream pie comes from Kaili Reveles of KabesBakes.com. Cheryl’s new buttercream frosted cookie dough cookies serve as the base for this dessert that will quickly become a family favorite.
Ice cream pie is a great dessert idea for not only summer but any occasion. It’s refreshing and cool for those hotter days, and is a welcome treat any other time of year, too.
This simple and easy ice cream pie can be prepped and frozen overnight. For the base of this pie (the “crust”), I used the delicious and new Cheryl’s Cookies Buttercream Frosted Cookie Dough cookies. They make a perfect crust for this pie and make this already simple recipe that much easier to put together!
One of the best things about this concoction is how easy it is to alter the flavor by bringing in different ingredients. Try using fresh fruit, or even other candies, to add even more fun to this pie!
Ice Cream Pie
- Hand mixer, electric whisk, or standing mixer
Cheryl's Cookies Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookies
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (about half a regular can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (¾ cup to mix into the ice cream and ¼ cup to use for topping)
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with the cookies (you might have to break one up to fill in the gaps) and set aside.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl and beat on high with a hand mixer, electric whisk, or standing mixer with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks begin to form, 2-3 minutes. (Make sure not to over-whip or you will end up with butter!)
- Add sweetened condensed milk and fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to ice cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie base in the pie pan. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Top with 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Freeze for at least 12 hours and enjoy!