Strawberry Buttercream Cupcakes
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 2 tablespoons crushed powdered freeze-dried strawberries
- 15 strawberries with the tops cut off (For strawberry puree. Recipe below)
- 1 tub Cheryl's Cookies Buttercream Frosting
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Fresh berries (For topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and cardamom together.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer and a separate large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar on high speed for 3 minutes. Scrape the bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Mix on low until combined. Switch to high speed and beat for 2 minutes.
- Make strawberry puree: pulse strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk, vanilla, rose water, crushed powdered strawberries, and 3/4 cup strawberry puree and mix until combined.
- Add one-third of the dry ingredients at a time to the wet and mix gently until just combined.
- Add mixture to the muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool completely, about 10 minutes. Make your frosting.
- Pour the buttercream into a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve the powdered strawberries so you have a smooth powder. Add the powder to the buttercream and whisk until well combined.
- Add milk as needed to get it to the consistency you desire.
- Frost the cupcakes and decorate with fresh berries.
Store the cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.